The Ruth Landers Glass Scholarship – Deadline March 30, 2019
We are excited to announce the 2019 Ruth Landers Glass Scholarship for NESCBWI writers. Ruth Landers Glass was an active member in NESCBWI who nurtured aspiring writers. She was an artist, writer and founding member of two Newton, Massachusetts, critique groups that helped many writers move toward publication. The scholarship provides writers with an opportunity to attend the NESCBWI conference for one full day.
* You must be a current/active member of SCBWI and a resident of New England. You do not need to be registered for the 2019 conference to be eligible.
* All submissions must be postmarked or e-mailed by March 30, 2019 to southARA@NEscbwi.org.
* All submissions are a maximum of 10 (ten) pages. Additional pages will be removed.
* The winner of this year’s scholarship will receive free tuition for ONE DAY at the 2020 NESCBWI Conference. The winner will be announced Saturday, May 4, 2019 at the 2019 NESCBWI Conference in Springfield.
* Only UNPUBLISHED manuscripts will be accepted for the scholarship. A circulating manuscript or manuscript being read by editors or agents will be accepted unless the manuscript is under contract with a publisher.
* Past winners are not eligible (so that we may help jumpstart as many writers as possible!).
* Presenters at NESCBWI 2019 are not eligible to apply but may apply any subsequent year they are not presenting.
*The scholarship does not cover any other expenses such as editor critiques, hotel or travel.
You may submit ONE of the following:
* One (1) picture book manuscript, not to exceed 10 (ten) pages
* Three (3) poems, not to exceed 10 (ten) pages
* One (1) non-fiction manuscript, not to exceed 10 (ten) pages
* Longer fiction (such as chapter book, middle grade, young adult), not to exceed 10 (ten) pages
Please include in your submission:
* Name, address, phone number and e-mail address.
* Mark the work Fiction or Non-fiction AND if it is: Picture Book, Poems, Chapter Book, Middle Grade, Young Adult, Graphic Novel, etc. and add “Ruth Landers Glass Scholarship Submission” in the subject line of the email.
Our preferred method of submission is a PDF attachment e-mailed to:
If you have any questions, please contact Christy Yaros at southARA@NEscbwi.org.