PLEASE NOTE THAT DUE TO THE CANCELLATION OF THE 2020 CONFERENCE, THE SCHOLARSHIP SUBMISSIONS ARE BEING SUSPENDED UNTIL NEXT YEAR.
NESCBWI will award one scholarship to the 2021 New England conference in memory of illustrators in New England who passed in the previous year.
This was formerly known as the Ann Barrows Scholarship.
* You must be a current/active member of SCBWI and a resident of New England. You do not need to be registered for the 2020 conference to be eligible.
* The winner of this year’s scholarship will receive free tuition for ONE DAY at the 2021 NESCBWI Conference. The winner will be announced Sunday, May 3, 2020, at the 2020 NESCBWI Conference in Springfield.
* All submissions must be emailed by March 30, 2020, to centralIC@NEscbwi.org.
* All submissions are a maximum of five (5) images. Five images on one page counts as five images. Additional images will be removed.
* Spot illustrations may be included but no more than two (2). Each will count as a separate image.
* Past winners are not eligible.
* Presenters at NESCBWI 2020 are not eligible to apply but may apply any subsequent year they are not presenting.
* The scholarship does not cover any other expenses such as editor critiques, hotel, or travel.
- Is the submitted art ready for publishing?
- Is there a consistency of quality and style of all the images?
- Are the submitted images engaging and appropriate for children (baby through teen)?
- All styles are given the same consideration—realistic, abstract, comical, etc.
- Only work presented will be considered, not previous work or work that a judge may be familiar with.
Submit the following:
* Send up to five (5) images in .pdf format, no larger than 5 MB total to centralIC@NEscbwi.org. Additional images will be removed.
* All submissions must be emailed by March 30, 2020.
* Your name & contact info should appear on all pages.
Please include in your submission:
* Name, address, phone number, and email address. Please add “2020 Memorial Scholarship for Illustrators” in the subject line of your email.
Our preferred method of submission is a PDF attachment emailed to:
If you have any questions, please contact Milanka Reardon at centralIC@NEscbwi.org.