2019 Squam Lake Writing Retreat
• Individual 25-minute critique (one PB or up to 20 pages/5,000 words of a longer ms) with an agent or editor in the field
• Peer critiques from other writers in your sub-category (i.e., picture books, middle grade, young adult, etc.)
• Lodging for 2 nights at the Rockywold Deephaven camps
• Two dinners, two breakfasts, and two lunches on-premises
• Mentor panels, workshops, and/or presentations on topics relevant to children’s writers and illustrators
• Writing time in a stunningly beautiful natural setting
• The opportunity to connect with mentors and other writers at an intimate, exclusive getaway
Wifi is available but is not 100% reliable in this remote location. Streaming videos is not practical so please download any necessary content prior to your arrival.
• Flashlight – It is extremely dark walking back to your cabin at night. Don’t rely on your phone.
• Reusable water bottle and/or hot cup (Water bottle filling stations available.)
• Hiking gear (including boots) if you plan on a hike.
• Hair dryer
• Warm jacket and sweater (think layers.)
• General toiletries
• Rain gear
• Copies of your manuscript to share at peer critiques.
• Alcoholic Beverages – no alcohol is served at RDC but you are welcome to bring your own for socializing.
• Snacks to share with your cabin mates.
* Some items are available at Zodiac (RDC’s convenience store) or the Camp Store if you forget! Note that they do not take credit cards; cash or check only.
• Credit Cards – cash or checks only.
• High Heels – sneakers are a wiser choice.
• Cigarettes – no smoking allowed anywhere at the camp.
All photos courtesy of Rockywold-Deephaven Campground.